Saturday, May 1, 2010

The age of pirates


THREE weeks without warhammer…

I am on the brink of depression. Saturdays have never seem so lonely and boring but oh well, better times ahead. Better times ahead.

Thankfully I have my Dark Eldar Raiders to build. So far, I have added five raiders to my Black Beard’s crew (notice his flag lol). Just want to update you guys of my progress towards the dark side =)

I am thinking of using Silver Helm (calvary) to proxy for the Reaver Jetbikes too. That would mean I better get them painted up as well. How’s that for killing two birds with one stone? I will get to play with one of the least played armies (Dark Eldar) and I am also compelled to paint my High Elves. Well, better get my High Elves painted before the new Dark Eldar minis are released and letting my itch (to collect them) get the better of me!

The raiders are only about 80% complete but I am pleased with how they turned out. Special thanks and credit to Jeremy’s templates! I really can’t wait to start painting them once the entire Black Beard crew is assembled. Practicum has reached its last week so I should have more time to paint and plan my army lists too. Better times ahead indeed. Ahwoooo! Oh and a special shout out to Sam for making me a female lonewolf (whistle). I can’t wait to draft out her fluff (losing her husband seems to commonplace and over-used in Hong Kong Kungfu series). I definitely welcome ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Hey bro!

    Very very nice work there! The Raiders are excellent!! I love them :)))

    Good job with the scratch build man, looks just like the real thang! Can't wait to see them painted. Did you do the pirate flag? It looks ace too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome scratch build raiders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Blackbeard Teach's pirate flag from One Piece which I shamelessly copied. Lol, my first shameless act from the dark side =)

    After a final touch up (engines at the back) and a black coat, they should be ready for some raiding and pillaging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the flag bro! It is very relevant to the DE army :)

    ReplyDelete