Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More blood spilled

Had a second game (1500 point) with Grimcron this morning. Black Beard assulted the Tau encampment as the sun reached its zenith, ready to capture some slaves and trophies (skulls anyone) to embellish the new Raiders with. The plan is not to do what I did in game 1 and melt his tanks with mybarrage of formidable dark lances.

Grimcron's 1500 list (vaguely, sorry)
Boss in Crisis Suit
2 Crisis SUits
2 Squads of fire warriors in devilfishes
2 Hammerheads
2 Piranhas
1 large squad of Kroot (12 dogs and 11 Kroots I think)
5 Stealth Suits

Black Beard's 1500 List
(HQ)Dracon, Shadow Field, Drugs, Punisher, T. Helm, Grenades, RJB
(ELITE) 2 X 5 Wyches, 2 Shredders in a Raider, Nightshield.
(FAST) 4 RJB, 2 blasters, Succubus, Punisher
(TROOPS) 4 X 5 Raider Squads, Raider, Nightshield
2 X 10 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances
(HEAVY) 2 Ravagers, 3 Disintegrators, Nightshield

Things do not actually go to plan though.

Highlights
1. 14 dark lances (and 2 blasters) and 5 turns later, non of the 6 Tau tanks were wrecked or destroyed. I got immobilised results at best.
2. Teach the Dracon failed 2+ shadow field save. Hmmm I kinda expected this haha.
3. I can go on ranting but Grimcron played a good game and I made noobish mistakes again (e,g,, sending my Wyches on a Raider to go after the Stealth Suits (bait), away from the main battle.
4. 2 Ravagers and 5 Raiders scrapped by Railgun (leaving only 1 Raider at the end of the game)

Many thanks to Grimcron for the wonderful game and feedback to improve my army list (Increasing (Raider squad's) warrior-count from 5 to 10 with close combat powress too).

Planned changes
1. I will reduce my RJB to 3 with Succubus and 2 blasters. Normally they die in one turn to volume of fire anyway.
2. Change Shadowfield to Horrowfexes (not sure)
3. Addition of one more dracon with retinue on a raider (or wyches for more CC capabilities)
4. WWP. Hmmm still trying to see what I can come up with...

Thanks for accompanying me on my journey to build and play the pirates correctly. It had been really fun using them though I lost horribly for the first two games
(which I would definitely love to attribute to my rubber lances lol. Still, having more CC goodness could serve as a good backup when that happens. What do you think?) My pirates will recuperate for now and attempt once again to charge up their dark lances batteries. Next battle will be my wolves. Krom is restless. Really restless.. =)

Thanks for reading,
Teach

5 comments:

  1. After using RJB for a few times, I think they are overprice for what they can do. They are more of a 1 hit cannon if you can pass the 4+ cover save. They cant really fight due to low amt of atks and the range of their guns they most likely will be very near the enemy and will be smash apart by pw/pf.

    Raiders with night shield quite expensive though, they have their use against melta 2d6 but 10 ar all round the raiders are already dead when you deploy them on table.

    Take a bigger wyches squad. Include a succubus in each squad and take a agonizer for each succubus to deal with those pesky power ar or MC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this nice dark eldar blog.

    http://dark-eldar.blogspot.com/

    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice =)

    @Crazyrat. I agree with you on the Wyches, RJB and the nightshields. Not helping me much. What about horrowfexes?

    @Grimcron. I have already added it. Nice Raiders man. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horrorfex I nv use before so cant comment hahaha. I read around forums, some ppl say good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no better way to find out than the good old way =)

    I will try it out this Saturday then lol.

    ReplyDelete