Friday, May 21, 2010

Second brush with BA (Aesgeir's Honor)

A belated battle report (c.f. Aesgeir's Honor)

Aesgeir (painted) fighting to reclaim honor against Mephiston (unpainted silvery model) as the Long Fangs looked on with pride.

Summary
YC played the same list but I made some modification as mentioned in the fluff. I exchanged one unit of TWC for a Wolf Lord on TW (Sigvaldi).

Space Wolf list HQ
Hrotgar the Runepriest, chooser of the slain
Sigvaldi the Wolf Lord, TW mount, Wolf Claw, Storm Shield, Saga of Warrior Reborn
Elite
Aesgeir the Lone Wolf, Terminator Armor, Chainfist and Stormshield
3 Wolfguards, 2 combi-melta. TLLC Razorback
Troop
2 X 6 Grey Hunters, Mark of the Wulfen, Meltagun. Rhino
1 X 5 Grey Hunters, Flamer. TLLC Razorback
Fast
3 TWC, PF, BG
2 TWC, PF
Heavy
3 X 3 Long Fangs, 2 Missile Launchers. 3 TLLC Razorbacks

Mission: Capture and Control AGAIN!
Deployment: Dawn of War AGAIN!

View the pictures (courtersy of Jaeroler) and comments of the battle report here. I will let the pictures do the talking. Hope you like it.

Afterthoughts about BA
1. Crazyrat or YC was really unlucky with his rolls the entire game, not to mention that I seized the initiative from him.
2. As Crazyrat pointed out, he should not have charged Mephy into my Lone Wolf. Even if he killed him, he would leave himself open to be shot at. The game could have turned out differently had he concentrated his forces instead of splitting his force, allowing me to take them out individually. More infernus pistols would have wrecked quite a few tin cans too.

Things I would have done differently include:
1. Take pictures for Crazyrat and Jaeroler's game. I was sitting there admiring the battle on my fat butt instead of doing constructive things such as taking photos of their game. Sorry, I will take pictures for you next game. I promise!
2. Use the TWC squad on the left more aggresively. They did nothing the entire game thanks to my cowardice.
3. Watch out for my runepriest. Lol.
4. Try to fit in one more Lone Wolf. I still think they work better in pairs. And they really guard my army against super killies, such as Macheeston =)

2 comments:

  1. "Avoid the lone wolf I must"

    lolololo

    hmmm when using google chrome for your blog, cant post comment as the word verification keep showing broken link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but can you avoid TWO lone wolves lol =)

    Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about the broken link.

    ReplyDelete