Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Pirates are coming!


Life has been a blur with all the lesson plan deadlines and student issues during my practicum. I mean teaching has been great but I really need my dose of Warhammer too! Anyway, it will be a good hiatus for me as YC takes his exams. God bless you with good health and strength, YC!

Now I love my Space Vikings. I even came up with a mech list (direct opposite of my Krom Dragongaze foot list) but I am constantly reminded of the times when someone will simply say that SW are overpowered and Runepriest cheese and yada yada yada... I haven't even played them with my SW! Kinda depressing but thankfully I know I have the best WH40k peers with YC's gang, Alvin and Edward and gang, and of course the amazing guys from Serene Centre (they gave me a truly wonderful WHFB experience [I play HE] and I hope to catch up with them after my practicum).

Ya, sorry for the rant. Anyway I was reminded of the conversation I had with Sam before he left (miss ya bro!) where I told him about my love for Eldar jetbikes - too fast too furious eh. Well, I was reading my One Piece Manga when it struck me that the Dark Eldar pirates suit me better =) Especially since it is an underused and "not overpowered" army. So I checked out Stelek's list for some inspiration and Lo and behold! I found this list that I can scale down to 1500 and it has SEVEN Raiders and THREE Ravagers. Question is how I can afford 3 Ravagers. Sigh. Now, this is my idea of too fast too furious but without the OMG-OP-Fortune-Seer Council bikers. I also found this DIY Raiders website (http://www.batreps.com/gjb-work.htm). Should be a fun project to occupy myself with after my practicum =)

Now of course my high elves will be the pirates hee hee. Should be fun!

5 comments:

  1. Cosairs are fun!

    Word of caution. Dark Eldar codex is coming, releasing around Christmas this year. Whole new range of models will be introduced and replacing existing ones. Not a good time to start Dark Eldar. But if you start saving from now, just nice for Christmas. With the trend of codex update, it will definitely be a whole new army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx man, but my last quiz for this sem did not go well... made some critical silly mistakes haiz...

    Yea working in the school environment is not easy. The pay maybe good, but the stress from students, parents, principal-ultimate killer. (I nv knew kids these days can be so naughty... compared to us when we were kids)

    Anyway I feel you are going to the dark side wahahaha. You want can use my DE army to play play, I dont have 7 raiders (2 only) and 3 ravagers (2 only).

    They are not an easy army to play currently, if you win with them, really give you a satisfied feeling.

    As mention already by Alvin, they are rumoured to be the next 40k codex. Maybe you can wait and store some cash to 1 time jialet jialet wack DE 5th ed merchandise.

    You want play fantasy, the guys will be happy to play also. Our Lizard-man friend had been scolding me say he brought his LM army back to sg but we nv play fantasy lol.

    yea SW are the CHEESZE!! :) not really, actually they are a very small & elite army. Any fluff dice rolls will break the game. Playing objectives, go for SW troops full force! kill every single 1.

    one piece!!! gogogo black beard!(my fav character)

    thx for reading LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha pardon my rant. And thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. I am not going to buy any DE stuff, but would like to get a feel of the pirate army. Seems like fun zooming pirate ships made of cardboard (armor value 10 and open top! What can be more challenging?) Lol.

    Thanks also YC for offering to lend me your pirate ships. Maybe we can have a tag team match between you and me (DE) against Sam and Long Shao (Eldar) in the future =) Heh heh, I like the Black Beard as well haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Persevere YC. I'm sure you will do well. Can't wait to join your dark side as a fellow Dark Eldar hee hee hee...

    Now to see how I can use those Web portals (insert pirate laughter)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man,

    Haha! You have also come to the dark side ;P I went over with Nurgle hehe!

    The Pirates sound like a great army man! It'll be fast and furious :)) Look forward to a game when i get back with everyone!

    I'll definitely do up a pirate elf for ya ;)

    ReplyDelete