Monday, September 19, 2011

Thawing


Time for the blog to thaw... it's been a looong time =)
Gorgeous photo taken from http://www.smarmoofus.com/?p=403


To cut to the chase, I hope the blog will motivate me to do the following:
1) Post at least one painted model every Saturday (even if it means I have to paint at Crazyrat's place lol)
2)Post my armylist or battlereport to review and improve (and adhering to our open list culture)

I have not been painting (counting down to four days) but here is my list for Saturday anyway.

Ogres are coming to town!
After the thaw, it is time to feast...
http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/3295/Santa-ogre-s-coming-to-town#.TngHBs3hDgg

Ogre Kingdoms, 2497 points
LORDS
Slaughtermaster, Level 4 (Heaven or Beast), Power Stone, GoldSigil Sword, Dragonbane Gem

HEROES
Butcher, Level 1 (Maw), GW, Dispel Scroll
Hunter, Charmed Shield

CORE
16 Ogres, Std
10 Gnoblars, Std
36 Gnoblars, Std

SPECIAL
3 Leadbelchers
1 Sabretrusk
1 Sabretrusk
1 Sabretrusk
3 Maneaters, Std, Banner of Eternal Flame, Brace of Ogre Pistols (Sniper, Poison)
4 Mournfang Calvarly, HA, Ironfist

RARE
2 Gnoblar Scrapulaunchers
2 Ironblasters

Thoughts:
1. Wanted more Hunters and Leadbelchers, but when you also want to have the fattiest and angriest heavy calvary in the list. Someone has to go.
2. Anyways, it's also a way to try as many units as I want, barring the huge monsters which are too expensive.
3. So shooting consists of one vanguard S6, 3D6 S4 AP shots, 6 Flaming, Poisoned Sniper S4 AP shots, 2 S10 cannons, 2 S3 blast (yah, finally my own catapults. My preciouuusss!) and lots of crappy throwing weapons haha.
4. One Ogre bus to rule them all
5. Heaven Lore, because I have not used it before and my GUT instincts tells me to use it
6. 50% discounted Great Eagles to harress, redirect, hunt characters and warmachines
7. Sniping characters from the get-go.
8. Could have gone more shooty but I wanted to try other units first. May eventually have more crappy throwing weapons, more hunters (my Lonewolves with vanguard), more maneaters and more leadbelchers.

5 comments:

  1. Wow looking at the previous post, a year sure pass fast...

    Quite shooty OK. For the sniper maneaters, only can 1 shot/model if you want to snipe characters in unit? May want to change to single pistol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can be shooter =) but I'd love to try more units first.

    Seems like the sniper rule allows you to only shoot one shot though there was a debate somewhere. Anyway, I'd play with one shot first (more conservative) which means I need more Maneaters haha.

    Let's see if Daniel tries the Heart on your Tomb Kings hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. One question, Leadbelchers vs. Maneaters.

    Seems like Leadbelchers may have been overrated. Requiring to hit on BS3 and usually on a -2 modifier (move and long range) means that i have hit on 6s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leadbelchers dont have move or multi shot mod. Only long range mod if you are more than 12" away. So mostly 5s and 4s for short.

    I just checked, sniper is 1 shot. The paragraph all in singular form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the clarification.

    I feel like adding the Hellheart just to see how disgusting it is.Don't say I didn't warn you :p

    All that remains is the feasting. yum yum =)

    ReplyDelete